A number of events take place in the area of Capo Vaticano – Tropea every year, particularly during the summer months. Events such as local and patronal festivals, country fairs, sports awards, literary prizes, cultural and popular traditional events and historical-religious re-enactments take place in the Municipalities of Ricadi and Tropea as well in other nearby.
Events scheduled to take place in Tropea, Capo Vaticano and the surrounding areas.
Local historical festivals:
– July – “festival of the bluefish and the Red Onion” in Tropea.
– 6th August – “Festival of the surjaca (local beans)” in Caria di Drapia
– 8th August – “Festival of the ‘Nduja di Spilinga” (spicy spreadable sausage of smoked pork, unique to Calabria)
– 13th August – “Festival of the red onion” in Ricadi.
– 18th August – “Festival of the pecorino (sheep’s milk cheese)” in (Monte Poro).
The more important cultural events taking place in Capo Vaticano, Tropea and surrounding areas are:
– Città di Tropea National Literary Prize – 6th Edition – 28th and 29th of July 2012 – Tropea.
– Magna Graecia Festival – Places and performances – August/September 2012 – Ricadi and Vibo Valentia.
– Tropea Film Festival – Tropea’s celebration of the movies – from the 17th to the 20th of August 2012.
– Tropea Blues Festival – Eighth Edition – from the 10th to the 15th of September 2012 in Tropea’s historic town centre.
– ‘Ndujamo’ Talk-Show in August in Spilinga.
– ‘Capo Vaticano’ Sports Award in Ricadi.
– ‘Giuseppe Berto’ Literary Prize in Ricadi.
For bus timetables, chemists (holiday opening times), up to date events and suggestions for exploring the area – click on: >> Tropea.mobi